Consider the following when forming a new ITAA group
Step 1: Find a suitable meeting place for your group
- Does the facility accomodate participants with special needs?
- Determine the cost of rent to use the facility
- Identify when the rent will be due each month to hold the meetings
- Does the facility require maintenance tasks (e.g., clean up, sweeping, vaccuming)?
- What are the facility restrictions? (e.g non-smoking)
Step 2: Organize your group
- Determine a name for your group
- Decide on the day, time and duration of the ITAA meeting
- Decide whether the group will be closed or open
- Determine the group format your fellowship will follow
- Select group officers (e.g., secretary)
- Decide whether refreshments will be served
- Set a fee to attend to pay for rent and refreshments if needed
Step 3: Register your group with ITAA to publish your group in the national directory